Saturday 23 February 2013

Where the hell have you been?!



So, obviously, I have not been writing many blog posts - and I doubt anyone cares as I have no followers - but I felt sad that I haven't written anything in a while. The main reason for not writing is because I was worried someone I know would read these posts and they're actually really, really stupid and they would just laugh and ugh. I'M SO PARANOID.



Sorry, this picture was necessarily as I would like to think that I'm Ginger Rogers and you guys are Katharine Hepburn giving me a hug, because I need it. 

Anyway, so I did actually have a proper reason for writing this blog post, and it may be annoying for a teenager to talk about these things, however, I believe more teenagers should! 
So, I was at a party last weekend and, don't ask how this came about, but one of my friends mentioned how they were not a feminist. And, being me, I was completely shocked and extremely angry and I just shouted at her, "WHY THE HELL NOT?!" And her reply was (and this is an actual quote) "Because I don't believe in hating on men." I'll just wait for that to sink in. 
That is the most naive and stupid thing I see on a daily basis online but I never thought I would hear one of my friends actually say it to me. 
What I would like to make clear is that feminism is NOT about hating men, it is for equal rights for all! That means equality for men and women in education, family, media, basically all aspects of society. How is that not a good thing? 
Recently, however, I feel that we have been going backwards. One example that pained me this week was The Sun using a picture of Reeva Steenkamp (Oscar Pistorius' late girlfriend), in her bikini, on the front of the newspaper. This makes me utterly sick that they would disrespect a female that had recently died by choosing a picture of her half-naked. It's also kinda weird as it has a slight necrophilia tendency to it. But what The Sun said to justify it was that it was her job, however, if it was a doctor, would they have had her wearing her scrubs etc? NO. Obviously not. Just because she was a bikini model does not mean that is her life. People are not they're job, they have other sides to them and those other sides should be recognised once someone has sadly passed away. Sadly, all we know of Reeva Steenkamp is that she was a bikini model and we know most of the details about her tragic death. 
Ugh. I'm so sorry about that rant. I didn't even finish it because I just feel so angry at this world and the media and everything that I've just had enough with it all. 

Okay. I'm going to end it there. Please send me your views and tell me your opinion on Reeva Steenkamp etc. 
Guys, love yourself and stay strong in this, sometimes, horrible world. xoxo
(Here are some pretty pictures I found on Tumblr that might make you happy)















5 comments:

  1. Oooh such inspiring images! Hehe love the Ginger Rogers scenario(;

    Greta xoxo
    laviedegreta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're totally right, how can somebody think that feminism is about hating men?
    This post was really interesting to read and the pictures are beauuutiful heh (:
    (sorry about my grammar, I only learn English in class).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the thoughts and I'm glad you understand! You can imagine what I would have been like, it definitely put a downer on the party!
    And by the way you're English is great! Don't worry about it.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love this post, all that you said about feminism was totally intelligent and I completely agree with it. Can I also just say, the picture of ginger rogers made me SO HAPPY. (Now I sound like a sad teenager) but I totally need a hug sometimes (who doesn't, they're the best?)- hug deprivation should be an illness, and next time I feel deprived, I know what picture I'm gonna be whipping out. so thank you. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww this message made me very happy. Thank you for agreeing with my feminism rant!
    I just stumbled upon that picture literally at that point and I'm so happy I did because it just made me happy. Use it anytime and thanks for the comment. X

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Type away!