Wednesday 20 March 2013

"You'll go nuts!"


source

I'm ill at the moment and have had three days off college so bear with me for this...

So, I saw this gif randomly on Tumblr (yes, I know it's from Sex and the City) and I must say, it seems to directly apply to me. Today was my parent's evening and I was pretty nervous. I didn't go, because of being ill, so the whole time I was waiting my heart was beating and I was getting hot and it was just ridiculous. I worried that my teachers would tell me off for being ill. I worried they would be rude about the work I had done. I was just worrying. I'm a big worrier. Anyway, so my parents came back and, to my surprise, it was all good. My teachers seem to really like me and they felt very sorry that I was ill. So, there was obviously no need to worry. 

But why as people do we always worry? In a few weeks time I'll forget about this blog post and will probably worry again about something ridiculous that in five years time I'll completely forget. But we all do it. It's human nature. We listen to everything in our mind and decide that nothing will ever be good enough because in our mind our imagination gets the best of us and, therefore, we start to worry. Really, we should be taking each day as it comes. But that's hard! I'm a seventeen year old. I'm going to worry. I'm going to be dissapointed. But I'm also going to have happy moments that I'm proud about.

For example, I was really worried about starting this blog. I've never done a blog before and I had no idea how to...write for one. I thought everyone would hate me or no one would read what I have to say. I may only have eleven followers (well actually ten because I realised you could follow your own blog so I did...because I'm sad like that) but they're all so lovely and respond to most of my posts. So thank you for that. Also, I was nominated for this Versatile blogger award! I know it's not a proper thing but now I feel like I belong to this 'blogging community'. What I'm trying to say is, I'm really happy I've made a blog and all that worrying was for nothing. 

So, I've decided, I'm going to try and stop worrying. I'm going to try and stop listening to "every fucking little voice that runs through my head" because that's never good and I'll just start worrying and then go nuts. We'll see how it goes. If you guys feel like you worry a lot then I hope you read this and thought, 'oh yeah, maybe I should try the same!' Well, if at least one person thought that then I'm happy.

Thank you for reading guys. I'm so happy that I have you guys and your wonderful advice.
xoxo














3 comments:

  1. Interesting thought ..... I'm going to try that as well I'm a terrible worrier. Great post :D
    Aoife xx
    http://passtheteacup.blogspot.ie/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. your blog is so awesome! New follower! :D love all those pictures, and the sex and city clip (that's one of my fave moments from the whole show haha) xoxo

    http://thepersephonecomplex.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're one of the loveliest and most interesting people i follow, i really like your posts. you do know how to write!:-) i hope you're okay now and the worrying has gone away.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Type away!