Friday 8 March 2013

'I believe I am the voice of my generation. Well, a voice...of a generation.'

I got invited to an evening thing with people from college and I was going to go but then somebody made a joke about me and I got upset so I didn't go. And you know what? I'm so happy I didn't. These so called 'friends' always just make fun of me and I'm sick of being the runt of their jokes, so I decided to take a stand. Maybe it being International Women's Day or maybe it's because I'm tired of being pushed around, but I just felt empowered. 

Instead of going out I decided to watch my first episode of Girls and I really enjoyed it. I've fallen in love with Lena Dunham and I've falled in love with New York. I would love to live there one day, however, I know that will never happen. I also decided to eat my body weight in Maltersers. They were very delicious and just make everything better. Whoever said food does not give you happiness was a liar. Just saying. 

I've always felt that I need to be with someone. I'm not very independent you see. However, after today I've realised these people aren't my kind of people so from now on I'll spend my lunchtimes in the library and read a book. Books are everyone's best friends. The problem is I'm going through my 'no reading' phase. (It's when I read a bad book, give up and then never pick another book up for a few months.) Therefore, I want you guys to give me some of your favourites books that you think I'll enjoy and that I can read in the library at my college. If you do give me recommendations then that means you'll be helping me get through this year filled with horrible people and I will be very grateful. (I've just realised greatful is spelled grateful. I officially believe that I am a woman now - how did I not know this before?!)

Love you like the stars love the sky...
xoxo









6 comments:

  1. Sometimes people really suck, but you'll find new friends that respect you and stuff eventually. Book wise, I am a romantic which all my friends make fun of me for, but I don't care. They may not be your thing but the Bright Young Things series by Anna Godbersen is so addictive. If not that, you can't go wrong with a bit of Sherlock Holmes! And I've only just noticed I've being spelling yesterday like yesturday. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a romantic also! Thank you for the recommendations
      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Aww that's horrible, I know how you feel <3 But don't worry, you'll find the people who are worth your time eventually, but in the meantime I hope these suggestions help;
    I capture the castle- Dodie Smith
    Before I die- Jenny Downham (warning: VERY sad, but lovely too)
    Rebecca- Daphne Du Maurier
    Anything by Sarah Dessen is good in my opinion x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loads of these books are ones my mum recommended me also! Good finds ;) and thank you!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Its never easy going out to find new friends who respect you for who you are but they're out there, trust me. Stay strong chica!
    (I've just realized how corny that sounds ....:-P )
    The fault in our stars by john greene is an amazing book! So sad but amazing nonetheless. And the time of time books by Robert Jordan (i think) are good as well , I've just started the first one.

    Love your blog,<3
    Aoife xx
    http://passtheteacup.blogspot.ie/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I half know how you feel, I know that isn't really helpful. Books are excellent friends, because they don't mind if you don't want to be a party animal:) you may have already read these but....
    Stuff by John Green,the catcher in the Rye and stuff by Jasper Fforde.
    Have fun:)
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Type away!