Saturday 23 March 2013

Everyday is like Sunday


(Me most days and big up Skins!)

So, as you may have noticed from my Morrissey lyric, I'm not in the best of moods. I have been ill for the past week and today was the first day I left the house in four days. What made it worse was it was really snowing. As much as I love the idea of snow, when it actually comes I start to hate it. (Especially that I'm the most clumsy person there is so I fall over a lot.)

But not only was it snowing, I also had a lot of work to do. For my English coursework I had to do an essay on Waiting For Godot. As much as I love the play, there's too much to say and an ill person can't write a 1500 word essay! My dad obviously did not agree and thought I was some 25 year old with a PHD or something. Seeing as he is an English teacher I thought I would ask him to proof-read it for me. However, it took him all day to change just about everything. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy he helped me, but he is the most pretentious person there is. Basically, he was being a bit of a dick and in the end he made me cry. He always manages to do that. Then again, I find it really hard to take rejection/criticisms and normally break down and cry. If I was going to be annoying I could blame him for that. He's obsessed with Freud and other philosophers, and I'm sure one of them blamed parent's for their children's problems and weaknesses. I bet they all said it!

When I was in year 8 at school (age 13) I was part of this 'friendship' thing where we would look after the year 7's that had just started school. I thought I was doing a great job. I was friendly to all the kids, I played games with them and helped them with problems etc. But one day, I got a call for a meeting with the woman who ran it. She sat me down in front of her, just like a job interview or something, and basically told me I was doing everything wrong. (To this day I still don't know why because all the kids liked me) However, I was obviously doing something wrong. So, you've guessed it, I burst into tears. It was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. 

I just want to do things right and I want people to like me. I know everyone feels the same but I bet most of you would be able to hold in the tears. To be fair, I've had many situations like this (one in front of my GCSE art teacher who was a complete twat to me) so I've learnt ways of holding back the tears. If you think you're going to cry, lift your chin and open your mouth a bit. You look stupid but it works. 

Seeing as you all should now know my obsession with Taylor Swift, it might be a good time to use some of her lyrics to remind me that everyone feels like this and that I'm young and I have the rest of my life before me. 
I'm alone, on my own, and that's all I know
I'll be strong, I'll be wrong, oh but life goes on
Oh, I'm just a girl, trying to find a place in this world


Taylor Swift literally has a song for everything, she just doesn't know which ones to release. (Listen to All Too Well by her - she is a lyrical genius)

Okay, I'm getting a bit distracted. What I'm trying to say is one of my major flaws is my inability to take criticism lightly. I try not to care but I do. I really do care. At least I have First Aid Kit (listening to them currently) and Taylor Swift to make me feel better.

M x

7 comments:

  1. I adore First Aid Kit! and Morrissey! I hope you're ok soon, and if it's any consolation, I'm not feeling too great at the moment either xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! There's nothing wrong with feeling down sometimes. Hope you feel better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true, everyone feels like that sometimes. It doesn't mean you should try not to, just that you're not alone.


    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same with criticism. I can't actually go to parents evening without shedding a tear. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I stumbled onto your blog via Rookie and got curious and started reading. This post - I can so relate! I hate that I'm so close to tears when someone is giving me criticism, especially if I'm actually angry with them, but oh no ofc I start to cry.. haha.
    Anyways, I'm also obsessed with Taylor Swift and First Aid Kit ^^ I actually saw FAK in my hometown live a few months ago (I'm swedish) and they were sooo friggen awesome, like I can't even tell you haha :D
    Thanks for saving me from this boring day with your smart and cute blog! :)

    //Linnéa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment made me stupidly happy! Thank you thank you thank you.
      You're from Sweden?! Wow! I would love to visit Sweden one day, it looks amazing. I'm so jealous that you've seen First Aid Kit live and I love that you're a Swift fan (Who I have seen live in my hometown)
      Thank you for being so nice.

      xxx

      Delete
    2. Awww now you're making me stupidly happy haha :D Yep, born in northern sweden but I live in the south now. Where in England do you live? I went to London the first time when I was twenty (which is soon four years ago jeez..) and I've gone there every year since cos I'm so in love with it.

      Like just seeking out cool, weird, beautiful, awesome places is so much fun! Last time I found what is said to be the world's smallest pub, a tiny, but beautiful natural park hidden behind St. Pancras station next to Regent's canal and tonnnnes of amazing little vintage shops and stuff.. sorry I talk too much when I get excited.. :P

      But yeah, I really wanna go on like a roadtrip to see the rest of England cos I get that there is so much more to it than just London.

      Ps. suuuuper jealous that you've seen Taylor!!! ahhhh! ^^
      (also I'd love to talk more to you about.. well I guess just about anything haha, so I'm gunna drop my email just in case: linnea.bjornfot@live.se)

      Hope your day is awesome!

      Delete

Have a comment? Type away!