Wednesday 22 May 2013

I'M BACK!



















How long has it been? Two weeks..? Longer? 
Well, as a lot of you probably know as you're probably going through them as well, I have had lots of exams. That means lots of revision. That means no blogging. But I'm finished now and back to having a life again. 

Even though I was meant to be doing a lot of revision, I actually got up to a lot of things..
Last week I went to see Lana Del Rey. She was a goddess. Her voice was like silver and the night was magical. I managed to get pushed to the front and I got her autograph.. it feels crazy. It was like a religious thing or something. All these teenagers were begging her to touch them and they were touching her and taking pictures. It made me realise that celebrities kind of are like the 'new' religion. Idolatry and all that. Well, I'm not going to in to that today because this is more of a 'what I have been up too' blog. Anyway, she was amazing and I wish I could go back.

I feel really out of place writing this blog, it's been a long time.

I also went to see The Great Gatsby. I've read the book several times and I've studied it so I basically know it inside out so I went in expecting the worst but hoping for the best. In the end I decided...It was alright. The music was bollocks. I don't want to hear Jay-Z when everything else is set in the 1920s! And a lot of the really important bits were missed out. However, I must admit, like my mum said "it did remind me of how good the book is." Which it did. They used a lot of the quotes from the books. For example, "I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life." Fitzgerald is such an amazing writer! It also made me think of how much I wanted to write a novel one day. I've started to think of ideas but they're just not...good. 

I also, randomly, read A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams and loved it. (I'm kind of obsessed now...and you know about my 'phases'). It's a play so I read it in a day, therefore, I want you all to read it now! Or see the film. I don't mind. I just really loved it.

This blog really isn't that great. I've lost my writing skills. Maybe it's because I'm tired after exams or maybe it's because I'm watching X-Men while I type this. Either way, I'm sorry this is really dull. Weirdly enough, I seem to have been nominated for another Versatile award. Thank you very much Luce. And I've been nominated for a Liebster award...I don't know why. But thank you to metalrizon! Seeing as I've done the Versatile one before I'll just do the Liebster one...So that'll be coming soon...

Anyway, thanks for reading. Sorry I've been away and sorry for this dull blog post.
Oh! And I got my haircut. Cool.

xx





1 comment:

  1. Sorry the exam period tired you out, you'll get back into the groove in no time I am sure. You are welcome for the nomination, Ccan't wait for your Liebster award post :)

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Type away!