Wednesday 1 May 2013

I had a dream about the end of the world.


source

I had a dream the other night that was actually really scary but it wasn't until last night (the night before I had two mocks and had to be up at 7) that I remembered it. Now it's been circulating in my head since. I do realise how annoying/boring it is to hear about other people's dreams but I just feel like telling you some of it.

I had a dream about the end of the world. Yeah, pretty major. But it was one of those dreams where I actually felt it was real - not necessarily for that day but another day. I now think this is going to happen one day, exactly as I dreamt it. (I know how ridiculous but I've been pretty affected by it.)
What I mainly remember is running, a lot of running, to try and find loved ones, but never being able to find them. During this time a black shadow was covering the Earth and televisions (just goes to show how much technology is in my life) were blaring out the news of the end of the world. So I was trying to run out of the shadow just so I could say goodbye to someone, but I couldn't find anyone.
It seems that I would actually be really sad about this, but I don't remember crying. I just remember trying to come to terms with it. I actually remember saying "well at least we'll all die together." Which, if you think about it, is quite nice. No one dies alone and all that soppy stuff. (Now I'm thinking about it, this would be an interesting film/book...)

So anyway, the main reason I'm telling you this is because the night after that dream I couldn't sleep. I spent most of the night thinking about where we go after we die, why we're here, what's our purpose. These are just questions I want to be answered! Why would we be here?! It doesn't make sense to me that no one knows. What is the meaning of life?! (42 - please say there are some Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy fans here). Why do they always seem to come at night? I always seem to have an out-of-body experience where I'm so freaked that I'm me and everyone else is...them. Why are we stuck in this body?

I know a lot of people have these feelings and have these questions - we all do. There's just so many questions that are, annoyingly, going to be left unanswered and for some reason this freaks me out.

(Sorry, this post was rather bizarre). ((Oh, and I fancied a new font)).

Mabel x




This is from Joseph Gordon-Levitt's book The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories.

10 comments:

  1. I have the weirdest dreams as well! Joseph Gordon-Levitt has a book? The guys from 500 days of Summer and Batman? Will defo buy it if it is the same guy, LOVE HIM <3
    Check out my blog if you get a chance ;)
    Aoife xx
    http://passtheteacup.blogspot.ie/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's him! There's two versions of it and it's so cute!
      xxx

      Delete
  2. I have a huge anxiety problem, so my dreams tend to be about my worst case scenario coming to life. Like, in my dreams my favorite singer will become a murderer and I'll have to hate them, or I wear the ugliest outfit ever. Or my fire alarm and monoxide alarms are turned off AT THE SAME TIME. Gee, I have such important things to worry about! The first picture was so gorgeous. I love old dried up flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. btw my orange elderly cats name is mabel. you guys must have a soul connection or something. Totally probable ;p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the most weird and sometimes terrifying dreams, and ummm this just made me love Joseph Gordon-Levitt even more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the intro photo, very fantasy inspired
    waitingforeuro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one serious dream. It really does sound like it should be a book or a film. Wait, Joseph Gordon-Levitt wrote a book? I must find it!

    Also, I hope you don't mind but I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. Of course, you don't have to accept but, if you do, you can check out the rules over here:

    http://paint-numbers.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/luce-alleged-versatile-blogger.html

    So long and thanks for all the fish.
    Luce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, so, I like your blog... and I nominated you for the Liebster blog award. Hope you don't mind. Read this post for more details here http://metalrizon.blogspot.com/2013/05/somebody-thinks-i-am-good-at-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woah, JGL wrote a book! Ahhhh need to find it. Great post and blog. Love your photos

    Aida xx

    http://sunshinesuperwoman.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Hey! I just nominated you for The Liebster Award :) Your blog deserves it Check it out here: http://misscourtneysblog.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/the-liebster-award/

    MissCourtney x

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Type away!