Sunday 2 June 2013

I can't stop smiling



It's the end of the holidays for my mother (I have another week hehe) so we decided to go see Populaire at the cinema and I can't stop smiling. It is most definitely my favourite film of the year so far. I'm a proper sucker for a romantic comedy and this was just everything I would want in a film and it was exactly what I needed after a rather dull week.

It's set in the 1950s and, in my opinion, the Fifties had the best fashion and now all I want to do is wear a Fifties dress for the rest of my life. It's about a woman (Rose Pamphyle) who can type really fast so her boss (Louis Echard) puts her into a competition for her to become the fastest typist in the world. I know, it sounds ridiculous but trust me, it's great. I loved it so much.

Seeing as it's set in the Fifties it is quite sexist but the main female character talks a lot about equality between men and women and that just made it better. I always like a film that is set in the olden days just so people have a chance to fight against what is going on at the time. 



It's just a really colourful and funny film. I did not stop smiling since the moment it started. There's even a dance number which is like the most amazing thing ever. I really wish it was on YouTube so I could show it to you guys but sadly, it is not. 



If any of you fancy taking a trip to the cinema, please go and see this! It'll just brighten up your week. Trust me. (P.S - be prepared for subtitles!)

EDIT
I FOUND THE VIDEO! Les Tango des Illusions

2 comments:

  1. I really want to go and watch it! I was worried it might just be pretty and not much else, but you've reassured me that it is fun too, I will go google cinema times... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fifties fashion too eeeeh

    ReplyDelete

Have a comment? Type away!